Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Found Joy In The Midst of The Rain by Bad Milli

**Love Is The Key** 
Walked out of the house and into a light drizzle of rain. No umbrella but after listening to "Joy and Pain... Sunshine... and Rain" by Maze and F.B. I knew God had a wonderful day planned for me.


 ... Gliding to work in light rain in complete joy, snapping my fingers, and hitting an ever so subtle two step I was. Jamming to "Love Is The Key" by Maze and F.B. I felt a lil tap on my shoulder and a soft yet confident voice say, "Excuse me ma'am do you have any lotion?" I turned around and the sweetest lil 7th grader was standing there on his way to school in the same direction as I. I handed him my Vaseline (so he wouldn't smell like a girl even tho he said he didn't care lol) and held his jacket so he could get himself right. We began talking about his eczema, his grades, Christmas, and his family. After he was all greasy we introduced ourselves to one another of course and began walking. I saw him get out of a cab so I asked, "Why didn't you have the cab take you to school?" Which was one block up.  He said, "I wanted to walk"... So we walked. I asked him about his grades and gave him some encouragement because he stated he wasn't doing well in math and didn't like it.  I told him I wasn't that good in math when in grade school nor college BUT I worked hard studying at home, with a tutor, and in school to grasp it. I told him he has it all inside and he just needs to study and know that he can do it because he is already well equipped to achieve anything that he wants to. He then asked me where my job was. He wanted to walk me to work lol. Bless his heart but I instead walked him to school. And prayed for him and his family on my knees once I reached my destination.  MORAL: Joy can be found in the midst of the rain. I was elated and honored that he asked me for lotion lol. I never really get to interact with kids much and he was so courteous and smart. May the Lord abundantly bless Marlon, his mother, and 2 sisters. Meeting him made my Holiday and year even better honestly. Sighs. "If you want to be free, Love is the key!"- Maze and Frankie


No comments:

Post a Comment