Monday, September 30, 2013

Worst Behavior

IM ON MY WORST BEHAVIOR, MUHFUKAH


I was Draking and Driving at 7am when "Worst Behavior" came on. I was immediately engulfed in the passion behind not only the words but also the fact that he made the word "Muhfukah" sound so swell. It was as if I could feel the truth behind it. I caught myself in the zone saying,"Muhfukah never loved us" as if I was apart of OVO and grew up in Toronto next door to Aubrey. Since he hates for people to say ,"I feel you" I'd much rather say,"I Get It I Get It". Matriculating through Life University is not easy at all. To have the ability to go from normal to superstar has to be an awesome feeling but also overwhelming. I feel it's when you are at your lowest that you figure out who you are supposed to be in life by listening to the calling in your heart. In Drake's track titled, " Pound Cake" he says you know its crazy when you are who you think you are. We spend years trying to figure out where in society we fit in, what it is that we are good at, why we are here, where we are going, what we are going to get, and a plethora of other questions for self. How much do we spend gaining understanding of self though? We all have a purpose, talents, and wisdom that are to be shared with the world somehow but we often allow our experiences to deter us. These experiences are detrimental but they also build strong characteristics due to striving.

Now in a place where I only have myself to focus upon. Only myself responsible for gaining as much sense of self and knowledge as I can in order to keep this understanding. Those days of feeling defeated, shy, and like the awkward freckled face black girl have been buried by a feeling of,"Mufukah never loved us". Everything that I do and accomplish now are in memory of my parents but more so for my future generations. It is now up to me to become as wise and alive as he who was resurrected himself for myself as well as my family's name.

I recently read that I have the DNA of a winner. I wear a crown of favor. Royal blood flows through my veins. I am the head, never the tail, above never beneath. I will live with purpose, passion, and praise, knowing that I was destined to live in victory. Once we begin to embrace, master, and live by this then the calling comes because we can now clearly hear. Those deterring experiences that I previously spoke of are those that smother the calling.

I'm so ready I can feel it running through my veins.

MUHFUKAHS bout to love me!

No comments:

Post a Comment