Monday, November 25, 2013

Sigourney The Style God

Young Innovators


What the Lik Read: Issue 7

After meeting Sigourney and hearing her story I was convinced that this was a meeting of the greats for sure. She spoke with such grace and conviction as she led me onto the paths that marked her journey. We spoke about her styling techniques, her passions, and what keeps her motivated. One thing she said to me that I will never forget and caused me to now admire her even more concerned having faith in yourself. Our dreams and visions differ from others but we know in our hearts the passions that should manifest so we have to persevere. Remaining grounded and humble as we climb to the top was also another key topic of our conversation. I wanted to give others the opportunity to get to know the vision behind her styling of Puma, Sassy, and O Shit of VH1‘s hit show Black Ink , but also the journey of Sigourney the Style God. Another victor of our time!

Sigourney Salley: Style GDX

 Millie: Who is Sigourney and what is her passion?

Sigourney Salley:

Sigourney Salley (also known as Style GXD) is a Visionary, Journalist, Brand Consultant And Head Wardrobe Stylist For VH1 Black Ink Crew (Sassy, Puma & O Sh*t).

My passion has been the same since I was 15 years old and that is to balance myself with business and creative direction, while also remembering to give back. Ultimately, I would like to create a nonprofit program with seminars that would introduce established MUA, Groomers, Hair Stylists, Designers and Wardrobe Stylists to young adults to learn their craft while shadowing them.

Instagram:@Stylegxd
Business Contact: info.stylegod@gmail.com











No comments:

Post a Comment