Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Weeknd - Valerie




I was introduced to "The Weeknd's" music about 2 years ago and ever since I have fallen in love with his approach to the music he delivers. With soft melodies and sensual lyrics he makes you anxious for an album and loving LOL. If you are a woman you are sure to want to be in his presence and if you are a man you may want to play this for your lady. Either way, I am sure he can smooth over any rough patch with this tune. In "Valerie" he speaks on the way his lover perceives him even though he knows she shouldn't because of his actions but it also seems like an insecurity as well. As in maybe he doesn't feel worthy of her because he is unable to give her what she needs. I am not sure but I am totally feeling this tune. Let me know what you think.

Here are some of the lyrics:

There comes a time in a man's life
Where he must take responsibility
For the choices he has made
There are certain things that he must do
Things that he must say

[Bridge]
Like I Love you
And I need you
I only want you
And nobody's goin' to know if it's true

I never thought I'd feel this kind of hesitation (tonight)
My hand on another girl
I wish I didn't have to lie
I wish I could let you know

[Bridge]
Cause I love you
And I need you
I only want you
And nobody's going to know if it's true

[Hook]
Valerie
(Oh Valerie)
I know you can see through me
(I know you can see through my lies)
Valerie
(Oh Valerie)
You just choose to never know
(No you just don’t know what I do, what I do, oh Valerie)
Valerie
(Valarie, yeah)
Why pretend to trust in me?
(I don't know why you try to trust in me baby, but I think I might know)
Valerie
(I know, Valerie)
You'd rather this than be alone
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh woah)

No comments:

Post a Comment