Monday, November 11, 2013

Tats Vs Tattoos


Tats Vs Tattoos


Tattoos are not just beautiful pieces of art on skin but they often tell a story as well. After meeting Strick Da Ruler I left not only with a dope tattoo but also with a clear understanding of the difference between Tats and Tattoos. I have many tats but this was for sure my first real tattoo as it took almost 3hours to complete. People tend to ask if they hurt and my answer is always, “Depends on your tolerance for pain”. On this day I realized that my tolerance is fairly neutral as I left feeling like a new person. I came for a tat and left with a new understanding of pain, artistry, and a new artist to admire.

Interview with Strick Da Ruler


Bad Milli: How did tattooing began for you?

Strick: I've been drawing since early childhood stealing my brother’s comics to draw from, and doodling in class textbooks. Like most consisted of graffiti in high school. My tattooing history began at 18 and I’ve been designing my own ever since. After forming an artistic and tattooing bond with my sensei “Oh Shit” of Black Ink, tattooing became the next medium to conquer after less recently developing a name in the mural and painting realms.
For now I continue to create however and wherever I can. I still love her (art) but now I'm making her work for my wealth.

@strickdaruler (twitter/tumblr/instagram strickdaruler@gmail.com







 

Art by Strick Da Ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment