Friday, March 7, 2014

Thoughts Of A Thinker: Deprivations


Deprivations


My deprivations have motivated my greatness............
I am ready for all my worries to be weightless.....
To walk upon white sand with HIM and feel ageless....
These are my motivations....
Fancy things and name brand jeans are not important to me.....
I'd rather have success than FAME but hey that's just me......
No JORDANS, True Religion shit or over priced bullshit for me......
I'd rather rock exclusive joints that most of us never see.....
I use to wish I had the family you see on TV.......
But I did have a mother and father so that was good at least.....
Even though I missed a little she taught me the most important things.....
How to build a great work ethic and get to where I wanted to be....
My dad was a really great man and I appreciate his presence....
Even though he has gone to heaven I still send him my blessings.....
Provided for his family and ensured we were great...
I'll never forget that or you George McNeal we straight....
Never had a big ole house or the place with the big white gate.....
But that's fine because I have time left only I can determine my fate.....
I use to feel like I had to be in a rush and when it came to LIVING I was running late....
but as I've grown and become more mature...I figure good things come to those who wait.....
A true friend is something I have been missing and Its cool cause shit happens.....
I use to call her my BFF now I add the EX before I talk about her to keep from snapping.....
Can't believe folks played me like that and didn't bother to call at all.....
but that's ok cause my guards up now watch this player not drop the ball....
I haven't seen the beautiful lights of MIA, nor LA, or traveled outside of the USA......
Hopefully I gain some financial wealth and see Germany or Africa one day......
First I need a passport, some dough and a valid reason to get away......
But yet I have plenty reasons why but I've become comfortable and let the thought stray.....
My deprivations have motivated my greatness and I am now at peace with this world....
Guess I should've listened when they said everything that glitters ain't gold..and those that shine ain't pearl's....
Happiness is what I'm searching for and I can't find it because I'm depriving myself.....
Guess I should take my own advice and apply these thoughts as HELP!
My deprivations have motivated my greatness and I'll be ok once I drill this in my head......
As I like to say I'm truly a THINKER my most prolific thoughts come to me before bed....
When it's all said and done I hope they remember me when I'm spiritually here but literally dead....
As the strong African American Woman who never followed but yes she always led.


** I'm presently here working on my future ...Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment