Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Jam of the Day: Childish Gambino "Telegraph Ave" "Oakland"



In Oakland





I was introduced to this artist's music about 2 years ago by a co-worker and at first I wasn't too excited. After a few more listens and a reading of his many other talents I was then very intrigued. Learning that he was also a writer for the NBC comedy series 30 Rock, as well as an actor, and producer I now had a newfound respect for him as a true Jack of Many Trades. I respect all who have the ambition and determination to master their talents and LIVE pursuing the passions within the soul. Recently, a special friend of mine sent me the link to this video and I fell in love. It features singer Jhene Aiko as the leading lady and Childish Gambino delivers soft melodic tones of lust vs love. You can catch Lloyd "In Oakland" throughout the song as well which provides even more serene vibe. Being that I had no clue Childish Gambino could also sing the combination of him rapping and singing on this song makes my soul slightly joyous. Check out his album Because The Internet for other awesome music. Enjoy! Thanks MJ……

2 comments:

  1. He is one of my favorite artists right now, and that album is pretty solid.
    -Nasif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, his work is amazing. Thanks for reading.

      Delete