Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Jam Of The Day: Rae Sremmurd "No Type



"I Ain't Got No Type…. Bad B*tches Is The Only Thing That I Like"






After hearing their single "No Flex Zone" I wasn't sure if I was listening to teenagers or toddlers but after doing my research I began to slowly come around. Once they dropped the remix of "No Flex Zone" featuring Nicki Minaj I was all ears slightly. I then saw their interview with The Breakfast Club in which I discovered that they were under Mike Will Made it and the name Rae Sremmurd actually came from the label's name Ear Drummers. Very articulate young men who just like to make music that everyone can dance to is what I got and that made me a fan almost. Plus, whatever Mike Will Made It drops is guaranteed to be fire anyway. What actually sold me was finding out that they are from Tupelo, MS as I too myself have lived half my life in Mississippi. I appreciate all people but there is just something about the humility of a southern person. Always humble, alive, and living. So once this "No Type" joint dropped I was all ears. I can't get enough of it and I catch myself humming/singing the hook just randomly. Blessings to these two young men and their careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment