Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jam Of The Day: August Alsina "No Love"


                                                     R&B's New Heart Stealer



From the first time I heard his hit single, "I Luv This Shit", I was sold. This 21 year old heart-throb hails from New Orleans and he definitely shows up and shows out. I am one who likes to research the artist first before I decide to fully immerse myself into their work. By researching the artist I am able to determine if it is worth my full attention or not. Once I began to read his story of overcoming the streets, dealing, losing his brother, and finally devoting his life to music to better his family;I immediately knew then that I was a fan. On his track "Downtown" he tells of his brothers murder and he even provides a powerful vision through his lyrics.
“Phone just ringing heard a nigga got got/He was over on the East last thing that he heard six shots/He ain’t getting no love from the cops, nobody got caught/Real talk when I heard who it was, my heart near damn stop/Somebody done killed my brother, now I gotta get back, let ‘em know cause a nigga gotta feel that!”

Today, I found myself replaying "No Love" a few times. I guess I was in my feelings, as usual (lol) so I decided to share. Much respect to August as he is on his way to a very promising and lengthy career. Hopefully, one day he and Bad Milli could collab. I'm sure she would love that hehehehe.
Be blessed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment