Sunday, July 6, 2014

Jam Of The Day: Jhene Aiko "For MY Brother"




A very close friend of mine, Vallon, put me on to Jhene a few years ago. Vallon is always one to find fresh new artists with great stories to reveal and talent. After hearing this song I and Valo were sure that Jhene would become a huge star and it looks as if we were right. Jhene has a very melodic and soothing voice as she graces every track with the poise of an angel. So one day she told me to listen to "For My Brother" and as sensitive as I am she should have known I'd cry. I actually cried a few times because I listened to it multiple times. I was so engulfed into the story within the lyrics and her strength that I could not stop pressing the play button once the song had ended. With a song just as beautiful as she, I had become a fan.



In memory of all our loved one's that are no long here with us. May they rest knowing that we are celebrating their lives and forever keeping them alive in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment