Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Kanye Taught Me : Amazing $h!t Kanye Says

"Home"

Hardly home but I'm always reppn

With the amazing metaphor here pertaining to the actual City Of Chicago and describing it as if he were speaking of a female is complete genius. The way he uses his words to vividly give the listener a visual is a gift the Ye has completely mastered. I remember the first time I heard this track and I for sure thought he was speaking of a woman he had met until I realized alot of his comparisons actually made me think of Chicago. Being that I was slightly younger when this joint was released I honestly had to listen a few times so that I could comprehend the lyrics. If you were from Chicago or even just familiar with the city you would have definitely realized that he was speaking of the great "Windy City" and not some lady named "Wendy". lol

He for sure spoke highly of the city and described her "To a T"!


"Home

                                       "Niggas come from out of town I like to show her off
                                              They like to act tough she like to tell em off
                                    And make them straighten up they hat cuz she know they soft
                                    And when I grew up she showed me how to go downtown
                                              And at nighttime her face lit up, so astounding
                                              I told her in my heart is where she’ll always be
                                         She never mess with entertainers ‘cuz they always leave
She said it feel like you walked and drove on me
Knew I was gang affiliated got on TV and told on me
I guess that’s why last winter she got so cold on me
She said Ye, keep makin that platinum and gold for me
But if you really cared for her
                               Then you would have never hit the airport and followed your dreams
Sometimes I still talk to her
But when I talk to her it always seem like she talkin bout me"



No comments:

Post a Comment