Sunday, July 6, 2014

Therapy With Carol!!

Carol is my beautiful young co-worker whom I have decided to volunteer her services as my therapist. She not only gives great advice but she actually listens to you. I should really start paying her lol. As with many issues that Carol often helps me get through, today this one was definitely a question we have all asked ourselves.


Is it normal to outgrow friends?



Normally, it is I who direly needs to speak with Carol about my life issues, but this day was different. Carol and I converse daily/weekly about a vast area off topics ranging from work, family to partying and we always seem to leave one another reassured of something. This particular day she wanted to know if it was possible or even normal to outgrow your friends. For me I am able to look at the situation rationally as I literally only have one or two childhood friends and that begins at 6th grade to present. I think people outgrow one another daily as each individual’s path and destinies are different. Some of us will surpass our peers when it comes to family, careers, education and etc. I believe the key is to just accept the changes and instead of growing apart if the friendship is worthy then try to grow together. Friends will marry before others, have children before others, and or become more successful but that is apart of life and evolution. Real friends will respect one’s progression and admire the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment