Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Jam Of The Day : ScHoolboy Q "Studio"

ScHoolboy Q-Studio featuring BJ The Chicago Kid

 

About two years ago my buddy Twoz put me on to ScHoolboy Q around the same time that I begin to heavily listen to Tyler the Creator. I was in need of a few new artists to check out that weren't actually mainstream at the time so he suggested that I listen to Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator, and ScHoolboy Q. It seems as if once I begin to immerse myself into the Odd Future listening frenzy the other two temporarily faded out of memory. Shortly after having this convo with him Kendrick begin to take over the game and Tyler was doing what he does best; beating the odds. Then one day while listening to Hot 97 one day I heard Peter Rosenberg speaking highly of this guy called ScHoolboy Q. I actually had been humming to a song that was playing on the radio and had no clue that was him. For me, Rosenberg knows great Hip Hop when he hears it as he is old school and those were the best emcees back then. They were discussing ScHoolboy Q's newly released album Oxymoron and I vowed to ensure that I'd listen to more of his music. Plus, Tyler would have me ready to fight the world and after the Kendrick "Control" verse I knew he had already won in the music industry. I needed something more mellow, relaxing, yet something that I could still "turn up" to as people would say. Being that I am an artist myself I know how the studio makes me feel personally. Not only is it therapeutic, enticing, and personable.... Once you're in the zone you're are in a zone. Feel me! LOL. Enjoy.

--Milli

No comments:

Post a Comment